ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sidetracked with Wool

After my last painting workshop in the fall I was sidetracked with "sewing for a cause". Foot surgery in October kept me grounded at home and I kept busy sewing stockings and mittens from upcycled wool sweaters. I sold them and raised over $2,700.00 for the Alzheimer's Association. I lost my Aunt to this terrible disease in July. I'll continue to volunteer with the Memories in the Making Art Program; where I paint weekly with elderly dementia patients. It's the most rewarding thing I do each week. The CO chapter has been a fantastic and supportive resource for me over the last 4 years.
Now onto New Year's Resolutions ... more Painting!!