ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Day 31 - Broadway

Congrats to all 1,400 artists that participated in the 30 paintings in 30 days ... Yay! I felt the need to finish out the month with #31. It seemed wrong leaving that poor orphan "Day 31" all alone without a painting. Besides, that saying about forming a habit in 21 days is true. This was my last day in Desmond O'Hagan's workshop, it was really great. This pastel started out as a 9x12 and after "some" frustration with most of the painting, I liked this section of the street; so I cropped down my painting. That doesn't work on canvas (or a big commission) but I took advantage of using pastel paper today.
This is a night scene on Broadway St. just south of the Mayan.
Broadway
5x7 pastel