ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Day 40 Gratitude & Love

Today I listened to an interview by artist Quang Ho on blogtalkradio.com, Artists Helping Artists with Leslie Saeta. WOW. REALLY, WOW.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/artistshelpingartists/2016/01/28/a-conversation-with-artist-quang-ho
I've ordered his DVD's, and ordering a multitude of various art history books from the library. I did not appreciate art history much back in my Art Institute days. It was all about graphic design, typesetting and the "new" computer graphics, not fine art for me. It worked well, I had a good career as a commercial artist; but my interest has shifted oh, so, so, far to the other side.
I was lucky enough to see Quang do a demo at the Pastel Society of Colorado a couple of years ago. I was honored to bring along Elizabeth Mowry, another well know beautiful Master Painter. I was blown away watching Quang's demo, no idea how he can see and execute masterpieces in the way he does. Now, I'm a little closer to seeing ... but still years away from executing, if ever. If you are one of my Denver non-artist friends; it was equivalent to hanging out with Peyton Manning and Von Miller. I am so grateful.
My small painting today is a reflection of the love I feel for many people in my life, most especially, the amazing Laura Fry. Unrelated you may think, not really - it's all about Art and Love - full circle. I just had a great idea for a series in February ... hmmm.
Disclaimer: I had a wisdom tooth pulled this morning so I had all day at home to read about art, listen to art blogs and reflect on my artistic journey. And eat ice cream. Now I want one day a week at home, all day to do this. The art part, not the oral surgery.
Gratitude & Love
4x4 pastel on canvas
nfs