ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Day 59 Primary

This painting makes me so grateful for my art supplies. I have pastels from Rembrandt, Sennelier, Richeson, Mount Vision, Unison, Schmincke, Girault and my all time favorite - Terry Ludwig. Funny that I spent YEARS trying out different pastels and eventually I found my favorites made in a warehouse less than 10 minutes from where I live. Seriously. Why do we have to learn everything the hard way? I guess if I hadn't learned it the hard way, I wouldn't know how to use every type of pastel and pastel paper out there.
I'll never forget the thrill of a new box of crayons or a new set of markers for an illustration class in college. Oh those markers, so pricy but so awesome. Now it's a tube of oil paint or new pastels. I know these aren't exactly primary colors but it so reminds me of those new crayons used in the early years. Thank you to Crayola and Terry Ludwig for making me happy, happy, happy with all your beautiful colors.
Primary
9x12 pastel