ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Day 65 Concept

Another from Rocky Mt Nat Park. The shadows were really nice below these tree trunks but I somehow overworked it and lost the concept of the painting. Generally, artists have a concept or something specific they feel or want to say. For this painting it was supposed to be about the "shadows". But then I diddled around so much with the trees that I lost what I was trying to say. I probably watched a bird or two, commented on the fast moving clouds, contemplated how to get the colors right, dropped a few pastels in the snow, reworked areas one time too many, changed my mind about the layout, etc., etc., etc. I'm not complaining, but it was a tough day "in the office".
It's a study. I learned something. Slow down. Remember your concept.
Concept
8x10 pastel