ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, March 14, 2016

Day 74 Big Spring Canyon Overlook

This was painted in the needles district in Canyonlands National Park. It was a 360 degree view so I painted in the direction in which I'd be least likely to get blown off the edge.
The wind was so strong that I couldn't set up my easel and did this pastel in my lap, while sitting wedged between a tree and a rock. I couldn't let go of my foam board for a second, note the fingerprints all over the edges. The wind was so strong I didn't have to tap or knock off any loose pastel dust, it was taken care of by mother nature. Can't wait to use this color study and redo it in the studio.
Big Spring Canyon Overlook
6x9 pastel