ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Day 77 Prickly Pear

Last week hikes included this great trail up Hunter Canyon just west of Moab. An easy 4 miler round trip with no elevation gain. It was so pretty, my friends and I just kept going and made it a 7.5 mile hike. The cactus got thicker and thicker and I did end up with my share of spikes through my shoes. One long barb in particular made me think I was going to die (sort of like a paper cut, how could something that small be so painful?). The prickly pear variety with glochid spines really do hurt like crazy. No worries, I managed to hike out with my tiny injury and have since fully recovered enough to do a painting in the studio.
Prickly Pear
5x7 oil on panel