ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Day 82 Snow Lantern

I visited the Botanic Gardens today in short sleeves! I love spring, and yep, it's supposed to be a blizzard tomorrow in Denver. After deciding to paint in the Japanese Garden the volunteers told me this stone sculpture was a snow lantern. They had lots of great info but I was busy trying to figure out how to paint the water, what to leave out, etc. so most of what they told me drifted right past me. I am fascinated with Japanese gardens and flower arranging and will spend some time reading about it. After setting up my easel - the maintenance crew showed up and decided to trim the trees all around the sculpture. sigh. I didn't want to move so I just painted and pretended they weren't there.
Snow Lantern
9x12 pastel