ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Day 104 Blossoming

I did two paintings yesterday. This one was my first pastel, a little more recognizable that I was standing in Civic Center Park and painting the capitol building.
I'm a country girl. I prefer nature, mountains, trees and solitude. But oddly, I love painting in the city. I yearn for architecture and am going to have to learn how to paint cars and people. It's a must.
It did feel contradictory to stand there painting a beautiful explosion of color while surrounded by homeless people. A mix of good and not so good things. Like life I suppose. Someone always has it better ... or worse.
And you thought I was just painting some trees and there I go reflecting on life again.
Blossoming
9x12 pastel
Sold