ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, April 15, 2016

Day 106 Defining Art

I've been listening and reading a lot about what is art, finding your voice, honing your skills, marketing yourself, etc. I've taken tons of art classes, along with that degree in art I earned several decades ago. One of the things I know I need to do is experiment and create. I'm on a journey. Today I started working on this large painting in acrylic, following my theme of flowers but also taking a different twist. This is the stuff I used to draw all the time ... along with every other 12 year old girl. Some of those girls grew up and found a way to produce an adult version of doodling (think about the adult coloring book craze) and make a living drawing visually pleasing stuff. Some people may not consider this art, thinking it requires little skill. That's OK.
I'm going to continue to add more layers of detail, in hopes it becomes closer to the picture in my head. If not I'll just keep painting as I search for definition.
Defining Art
20x30 acrylic
nfs - please see day 107