ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Day 107 Definition

I added more details on this painting from yesterday and now it's done. Marie asked if I would share thoughts on what I've learned during this art journey.
-I've learned to be vulnerable. Believe me, this is putting yourself out there.
-I've learned not to be hard on myself. I'm dedicated.
-I paint fast and I have no loss of inspiration.
-I've learned to keep my goals to just a few. Painting everyday, start selling soon. Occasionally clean.
-I'm committed. At some point this summer I won't have internet, but I'm still painting every day. It's like I'm shooting for a perfect attendance record in 7th grade; but I'm probably gonna get the flu soon.
-I've learned that it is impossible to keep paint off my clothes.
I've tried to take some short cuts, but I guess we all need to learn it the hard way. For example, take a class from a master painter and see what brushes they use. Then a year or so later, another good painter uses the opposite. Then you realize you have to try every damn brush yourself and see what works for you. I knew this from the beginning, but I hoped those workshops would help more.
-Workshops are great, reading art books and watching videos are great, but you still have to put the work in. This is fun, but it is hard work too.
Definition
20x30 acrylic on 1.5" gallery wrapped canvas