ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Day 97 Pansies I and II

I love purple. Even where there is no purple in a painting, I manage to slip some in the shadows or the darkest darks. So much better than black. More than one person has commented "you put a lot of purple in your paintings". So here was my excuse to use purple today. These pansies were given to me by a friend and I finally got around to painting them. I knew they would last, so I didn't rush on the painting. Not rushing is good.
Today you get 2 for 1. I wasn't sure about the first one, it wasn't quite as loose as I wanted so I stopped rushing and painted more pansies.
Pansies I
8x8 oil on canvas panel


Pansies II
5x7 oil on canvas panel
sold