ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Day 122 Fixer Upper

I have quite a few pastels in the "to fix" pile. They need a little something; either to be cropped, touched up, just fixed up a little. This painting was 15 x 20. Not 16 x 20 but just an inch too short. I've pulled it out of that pile so many times and tried various ways to not spend massive amounts of money on a custom size frame. I liked the composition before and didn't want to try a new one. After a minimal amount of thought this time around, I decided the composition rocks ... cropped down to an 11x14. So the lesson is when something doesn't work, put it back in the pile and try again later.
I vividly remember taking the reference photo on Kenosha Pass a few years ago, I took hundreds of photos that weekend to paint "someday". So happy that day has arrived. (sorry the photo is a little dark!)
Fixer Upper
pastel 11x14