ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 125 Rabbitbrush at Sunset

This was my second painting at Inspiration Point yesterday. After painting Long's Peak I turned around to capture the great light at the tops of the Chamisa scattered below the trees. One of the fun things about painting en plein air is talking to people. Most artists I know don't mind explaining what we are doing or chatting about art in general. We usually have business cards to give out and occasionally make a sale. The exception is; if you say something insensitive or negative. Then we just assume you don't know crap about art anyway.
Yesterday I heard one of my favorite comments. A man walked by with his dog and said "Wow, it's so nice to see someone doing something appropriate in this park". Huh.
Rabbitbrush at Sunset
9x12 pastel