ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Day 133 Ground Zone

I really like fitting in abstract painting in between the representational work. There is a freedom to abstract with slightly less pressure than representational work. I still have to think about design elements, avoid painting too dark and giving up too early.
These colors remind me of the earth and I contemplated on staying grounded in what I want to achieve this year. I keep going back to my most important goal, be a better painter. Suddenly, I'm incredibly busy and have to work hard to keep up this daily painting. But I'm one third of the way through and staying in the zone. (sorry about the glare!)
Ground Zone
8x8 oil