ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Day 135 My Morning Walk

When I was in France a few years ago, each morning I went for a walk by myself along this road. It was in southwestern France along the dordogne and lot river valley. I was on a painting trip with a group of artists and Elizabeth Mowry as our instructor. The trip was wonderful in every way possible. Great food, weather, scenery and nothing to do but paint all day. I woke up hours earlier than everyone in our group and would wait until the sun came up to get in a morning walk. I took lots of photos, thousands to be exact. This photo and painting turned out looking like Colorado, except it's so not. There are abandoned Gypsy wagons in those woods and a crumbling wall of a church from the 11th century. I sold it this weekend at the Park Hill Art Club spring show, hope the new owner enjoys it. (forgot to take a photo assuming I had one on my computer and I could only find this blurry not so great one, oh well).

My Morning Walk
9x12 pastel
sold