ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Day 148 The Color of Wheat

This was painted from a photo my son sent me today. He sent several pictures that he took while traveling through Iowa and Minnesota. I always appreciate it when he sends me photo references.
As I flipped through the pictures on my phone, he explained that this picture showed a wheat field, with a corn field and grass. I may have asked a stupid question like "which part is the wheat" but only because I was painting while talking on the phone and barely paying attention. Go ahead and laugh. He kindly explained the color of wheat with minimal disdain. It's like texting and driving, just don't do it - as they both need your complete attention. So, I think I can see what section the wheat is growing in now and hope you can too.

The Color of Wheat
acrylic 6x6
Sold