ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, May 30, 2016

Day 150 The Color of Trees

Spring is here and I've been looking at trees a lot lately. You might think summer but I have been snowed and hailed on 3 times this weekend. I love aspen and have spent hours looking at them in the fall, but never, ever paid attention to them in the spring. The leaves are so bright, hard to describe the green color, "spring green" perhaps? Then I look at the pine trees next to the aspen and the green has so much deep blue in it, it looks teal. I'm sure I will struggle with "green" all summer. So after yesterday's struggle I took the easy way out and just put every color I see in this painting of trees.

The Color of Trees
Acrylic 16x20
Sold