ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 155 Behind Ned's

I got up very early and found a spot just off Main Street to paint the back of Ned Kelly' Irish Pub. I was enticed with the color of the buildings and composition. Besides, there was plenty of parking and a great view at 6 am! Who knew the Littleton park and ride overflow station would fill up by 7:25 am. Every 5 minutes a new car would appear and screw up change my viewpoint.
Who knew the guys who mow the strip of grass between the street and parking lot (where I was standing) would show up and ask me nicely to move my umbrella and myself for a bit so they could mow. I sorted my pastels, so no time wasted there. At least the cars covered up the dumpster that I really didn't want to paint. I was wrapped up and gone by 9:30 am. Instead of moving to my second location today I'm taking a nap. I am painting sunrise to sunset tomorrow with PAAC, so I really need that nap.

Behind Ned's
9x12 pastel
sold


Really? Better than the sprinklers going off

I honestly didn't see this coming that my
 view would be completely blocked so I moved up
above on the newly mowed grass