ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 166 A Curious Landscape

Plein air painting was a little adventurous tonight. I was painting at Monarch Lake when a young male moose let his curiosity get the better of him. Ed followed him from a distance and when he started getting really close to me, Ed tried to call but alas, no cell coverage. Then Ed finally whistled when the moose was only about 15-20 feet away. The moose are pretty used to people up there but this guy got way too close. And I never saw the mom, which was nerve-racking.
I'm smart.
I ran. Dodged behind a tree first.
Then he continued on to see what in the world is a Coulter easel?
A Curious Landscape
9x12 pastel

The resulting art, with my adrenaline pumped hands and while looking over my shoulder every 30 seconds searching for wildlife.


This is the photo Ed took as the moose watched me and slowly approached. I didn't hear a thing, too busy concentrating on my pastels, doh!

Notice there is no artist standing by that easel.

We left the big camera in the car, too heavy to carry so these were taken with our iPhones.
Then a bird pooped on me. Big time, down my face, all over the front of my shirt. It was gross.
No shit - nature was out to get me tonight. But I'll be back tomorrow.