ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Day 167 Ice Cold Lemonade

Today I painted with my friend Tracy Haines. We were driving around looking for a spot and saw a dirt road along Willow Creek that seemed to have a good spot. Dismayed to see a "No Trespassing" sign, we approached the first house to ask if we could paint along the river.
Nancy, the homeowner said of course we could paint there and that she used to paint too.
The road stopped around the corner and we ended up basically painting in their front yard. I felt a little bad, surrounded by National park, National forest and here we are painting in someone's yard? A stunning yard with a river running through it. The whole family was so nice - it was very hot out and they offered us lemonade. Ice cold, homemade lemonade.
Nancy came out to visit and after a short conversation Tracy and Nancy discovered that they had taken a class together years earlier at ASLD and knew each other! Hopefully, Nancy will shoot me an email and we'll get together to paint next time I'm up in Grand County.
I could name this painting Along Willow Creek but every time I see it I will think of that delicious lemonade and the kindness of strangers. Who weren't strangers after all.

Ice Cold Lemonade
9x12 pastel


Any other plein air painters scored on ice cold lemonade lately?

Tracy Haines - I love her art! Check it out at Tracyhaines.com

Nancy has this beautiful parrot - who knew that's the "wildlife" I would see today?
Fun adventures in Plein Air Painting!