ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, June 20, 2016

Day 168 Bossy Purple

Nothing adventurous happened to me at all yesterday. I stayed in my own backyard. The sage are in full bloom and the pine dust is blowing. Yellow is all around. I have a few groupings of lupine so no worries, still rocking the purple. I decided to paint close up of the lupine with the smattering of sage in the background. I initially visualized lots of yellow and sage green, working to get that yellow just right. Then that purple just took over again.
Bossy.
Sometimes I dream about my ideal job. Naming colors for Crayola for example, wouldn't that be fun?  but they only have 120 colors, which I find sad. Crayola needs to get with it for those young budding artists out there.

Bossy Purple
20x20 oil