ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day 187 Rusty

Today I was in Pawnee National Grasslands in north-eastern Colorado. The hubby went for a 30 mile bike ride while I painted. A plan that we hope is going to work well for the next couple of weeks.
It was great getting back outside. I'm rusty. A huge wind gust took out my easel and pastels within the first 5 minutes. Then I remembered to weigh my easel. Good news, no pastels broke as I was standing on a nice soft ant hill.

The mailboxes and rusty wagon wheel had a lot of character ... and there was a place to pull off the road without getting run down by the truckers. I wonder about those 3 families at the end of this remote road, are they friends? Have they lived there forever? Wondering.
Also, a group of tiny ants are currently confused ... racing around the inside of my car wondering how they crossed two state lines this afternoon and ended up in South Dakota.

Rusty
8x10 pastel