ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Day 189 Center Lake

This is Center Lake in Custer State Park, SD. I loved the way the sun was hitting the grass and the edge of the trees, great late afternoon light. There were swimmers in the lake but I decided to stop and not add them. Have I mentioned that it was 99 degrees today? Really, really hot. I'm not complaining, I love summer.
This was painted sitting at my picnic table at the campground. The lake was just down the road but I didn't want to haul my gear. I'm working on remembering how a place looks and feels and using the reference photo in a limited way. The goal is to capture the feeling of the place, not necessarily how realistic I can paint it. That's the direction I'm headed.

Center Lake
8x10 pastel