ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 191 Gallatin River at Storm Castle

Today started off with rain, brutal wind and a drop in temps by 40 degrees. We got a late start and took our time traveling - no plans for cycling or painting in this weather. We stopped in Livingston for lunch (nice town) and then headed to Bozeman. The weather cleared and a local fly fishing shop gave us a recommendation for a place that Ed could fish while I painted along the shore. We backtracked south and found this one lane bridge at Storm Castle along the Gallatin River.

This was pretty much the only spot to stand, no shoreline to speak of and dense greenery blocking me in. I really liked the bridge. The sun came and went - the birds were chirping and I only screamed once ... because I was startled by a big fat caterpillar that was hitchhiking on my backpack.

Gallatin River at Storm Castle
8x8 oil on linen
sold


Ed Fly Fishing the Gallatin


Hitchhikers - yes, there was more than one - eek.