ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Day 195 Surrounded!

I started out this morning painting a great view near the top of Logan Pass on Going To The Sun Road. Unfortunately, I had 3 mountain goats that were very used to people hanging out a little too close. They kept circling around and had no qualms walking down the metal grated path I was on. After looping around me for about an hour, I got tired of jumping every time one would wander by again - I gave up with a barely blocked in painting.

I picked Ed up from his bike ride from the West to the East side of the park, we had lunch and explored some more. Right after seeing our 3rd bear of the day, I sat on a rock in a field of wildflowers doing a quick pastel. Surrounded by flowers this time. I don't like how it turned out and will use this study for a better painting in the studio. Not a bad day at all - even though I ended up with 2 incomplete paintings.

Surrounded!
8x10 pastel


2nd painting attempt

This guy (gal?) hung around just under the platform I was standing on

Loved this spot but I spent more time looking over my shoulder than painting


This was what I kept seeing over my shoulder, you'd give up too, eh?