ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Day 203 Elusive

Indian Paintbrush are one of my favorite flowers. Driving through Glacier, the paintbrush had a tendency of gathering along roadsides where there was no turnout. Over and over there would be a stunning group of paintbrush ... with not a single spot to turn around or pull over. It got to be a bit of a joke, there they would be, in massive groups along Going To The Sun Road and no access. We finally got creative and I hung out the car window for photos in a couple spots.

I read that the flowers were consumed in moderation by native americans. Maybe I'll try that? but then I read that the roots and leaves can be very toxic. Maybe not. I read a lot about the Lewis & Clark Expedition as we followed their trail, also read a lot about native americans, bison, Custer, and oddly, old post offices. I was obsessed with taking pictures of the post offices in teeny tiny towns. Paintings on that to come.

Elusive
pastel 8x10