ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Day 225 Waterfall in Hanakapiai Valley

I'm currently working on several canvas' and painting things that relate to the fall season. On a creative whim "waterfall" popped in my head and off I went in that direction.

Last time I tried to paint a waterfall was in Hawaii last spring. It seems a lot longer than just a year and 1/2 ago. It was a 4 mile hike to get to the Hanakapiai waterfall. We hiked the Kalalau trail along the Nepali coast in Kauai. It ranks as one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I was also with the 3 people I love most in the world - so that makes it an extra special memory.

Anyway, I only carried a small selection of pastels and small paper and remember looking up at this huge waterfall - overwhelmed - and the small painting didn't turn out that great. Much happier with this version, maybe I just needed a bigger canvas?

Waterfall in Hanakapiai Valley
24x36