ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, September 2, 2016

Day 231 Blending In

For this painting of winter aspen trees, I referenced a photo I took on my iPad. Then I started noticing mysterious lines of purple pastel ... everywhere but in the studio. Counter top in the kitchen. My computer. On some mail. Inside my purse. On a pile of laundry. Damn, the white sheets on my bed. Finally, I discovered the culprit on the felted iPad cover. A thick 4" line of purple dust, gleefully pollinating my whole house with pastel.

Apparently, I managed to set my iPad on a crumbled pastel then as I moved about the house I left streaks of purple EVERYWHERE. I'm easy to pick out in a crowd, I always have a blob of paint or pastel on me somewhere. Unless I'm in a group of artists - then I blend in well.

If you come over, just think Harold and the Purple Crayon. One of my favorite books; remember when you were young enough to think that magic was possible? Instead of being annoyed (let's just say the purple lines will be permanent in several areas) I'm going to smile and remember how much I loved that book. And face it, I'll apologize to my husband but probably continue to spread purple lines around my house, on my clothes and all over my world.

Blending In
18x24 pastel