ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, September 5, 2016

Day 235 Still

I watched the sun come up today; as I have many, many times -- it really is the best part of the day.
On this particular day I was up at 5 am because the coyotes were yipping and howling. I have a marmot living in the firewood pile and for the past several days the coyotes have been pretty vocal about a possible breakfast right outside my front door. I love nature but occasionally we find some "leftovers" (like an unidentified bone, grizzle attached) in the surrounding woods. Ewww.

Anyway, there were no clouds, no bright colors bursting over the mountains, no drama at all. It felt like the sky was getting up extra slow. It felt peaceful. And still. I've been striving for that feeling of utter calm for the last several years and it has arrived. Only for brief moments but better than never experiencing it at all.

I hope each of you finds a moment to be still in all of our overly busy lives.

Still
8x10 pastel