ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Day 246 GL Lodge View

I didn't paint today because I hiked all day, 15.5 miles to be exact. Colorado River trailhead to the Grand Ditch, Lake of the Clouds, up to Lulu City and painfully back. You can reference the map below to see the progress of our hike:

#1 - #3 8am start, 28 degrees out - everybody happy looking forward to a nice hike!

#6 Already 6 miles into the hike and I send Ed off to Lake of the Clouds because this is how the guidebook described this section "... lubricated by permanent ice beneath, traverse a large boulder field of large, shaky, angular rocks, among which live a healthy population of black spiders". So I took a nap on a comfy rock and a caterpillar crawled across my face. Ed gets bonus points for adding this on and logs over 17 miles total.

#9 We feel good "Let's tack on and go back through Lulu City, it should only add a couple extra easy miles, right?"

#14 I start to bitch about how much my feet hurt and Ed says "No, no, no - we are still way too far from the car to complain now, finish strong". I give him the silent treatment. He doesn't notice.

#16 We pass a crowd of tourists gazing at an elk right off the trail and I stomp loudly by because I don't care about seeing a stupid elk. I need to get to the car, I've gone 14 miles and the last 1.5 may do me in. It's 4 pm for pete's sake. I'm sure they are all horrified at my rudeness.

Parking Lot - At the car and immediately over being mad because I can sit down. My feet hurt, lots of things hurt and there is only one ice pack, just sayin'.

Ummm, back to the art. I painted this from the parking lot at Grand Lake Lodge a couple of days ago. Since I'm probably unable to walk tomorrow, I'll be painting something from photos I took today.

GL Lodge View
8x10 oil



Ed's Garmin recorded the hike for us

Wearing my Alzheimer's Association shirt in support of the walk today
and the hunters and deer can see me
multi tasker!