ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Day 247 Up Close

This morning was spent photographing as much scenery as I can for future studio paintings, because this "gold" will end and it will all be white soon. We headed up to Rand, then towards the Chimney Rock area north of Kremmling. It's beautiful, lots of yellow and orange but still many green aspen waiting their turn. I think next weekend this area will be peak for those of you out leaf peeping.

I was slightly stunned to see one of the mountain peaks was named "Granny's Nipple". Seriously. On the map. I then spent way too much time thinking about what circumstance could have enabled someone to name this mountain. Onward ...

I did squeeze in one small painting (I'm itching to paint something big right now) and faced a hard choice, paint the aspen in the distance or up close.

Up Close
9x12 pastel


I do have an orange bandana on!