ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Day 248 Fire!

This pastel was done up in Rocky Mountain National Park last week during my painting frenzy. It was the first one I did during the week and is a shining example of needing to "warm up".
It looks like I painted a forest fire, when really those are beautiful aspen in the background. Ick. Why did I paint those awful dead trees on the left? Because they were there. I have found that when I go on a big painting frenzy I need to get a couple bad ones out of my system first. Most artists don't post the bad ones (and wisely so) but I want to finish this year out showing what can happen when you paint every day and work really, really hard to keep the goal for 365 (Leap year 366!) days.

Let's just say this one is not for sale and when I look at it I hear a voice yelling FIRE! Now that's making me kind of laugh because I kinda want to take a match to this one.

Update - a friend bought this painting even after I pointed out every single thing wrong with it. An individual with a wonderful art education and art background. Fascinating ... how art speaks to us all individually. Thank you friend!

Fire!
9x12 pastel
sold