ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, September 30, 2016

Day 250 Cliff-like Trees

I'm headed back to the mountains this weekend to catch the last of the aspen turning. I hope I see some spots with fresh snow and maybe some leaves still on the trees.
I did this painting in a class with Cliff Austin earlier this week at Park Hill Art Club. You can certainly see his influence with my use of a palette knife. Not the first time he has inspired me, I remember painting some peaches last year after looking at his work and I've tagged along on more than one plein air outings. Cliff was one of the first artists I met in the world of plein air painting a few years ago.

This road was east of Rabbit Ears Pass as we drove around a few weeks ago taking pictures like crazy. The light was really great and I wished I could have set up in the middle of the road and ignored the ATV's and hunters occasionally passing by. I noticed a nice bright orange vest yesterday at Eddie Bauer - think I'll go back and buy it, it's getting a little chilly for just my orange t-shirt to protect me.

Check out Cliff's great work at http://www.cliffaustin.com

Cliff-like Trees
8x10 oil
sold