ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Day 233 Vaker Asp

My neighbor has a swedish aspen tree, its leaves are turning already. It's in the midst of a grove of good old Populus Tremuloides.
"Populus tremuloides is a deciduous tree native to cooler areas of North America, one of several species referred to by the common name aspen. It is commonly called quaking aspentrembling aspen, American aspen, Quakies, mountain or golden aspen, trembling poplarwhite poplar ... the list goes on." wikipedia

Damn beautiful I say. The leaves on the Swedish Aspen have a jagged edge rather than a smooth edge, that's about all I know. Since I don't speak Swedish I googled how to say beautiful aspen tree and there's my title. Or possibly, someone at google just made me say a swear word. Who knows.

Vaker Asp
8x10 pastel
sold