ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, October 24, 2016

Day 258 Elephant Hill

I just got back from a long weekend in Canyonlands National Park in Utah. We headed down to the Needles area to camp, hike, bike and paint. We learned the hard way that you can't really show up on a Friday afternoon at 4 pm and expect there to be available camp spots in the park - especially when it's fall break. Whoops. We snagged the last spot outside the park in a private campground, otherwise it was going to be dispersed camping on BLM land.
I'm kinda tough, but I need amenities ...

This little painting was done in the parking lot near Elephant Hill while I was balanced on a tiny camp chair. My pastels lined up nicely on the cars running board. See, I forgot my tripod. Dang. I had hoped with experience I'd quit forgetting stuff. Ed also forgot his tripod, for the camera ... maybe just to make me feel better? So, I still painted, we hiked, he biked and it all worked out. Colorado is still my favorite place in the world but Utah runs a close second.

Elephant Hill
5x7 pastel