ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Day 261 No Takers

It's pretty darn warm here for October. Not complaining. I forgot to mention that the humidity in Utah was something like negative 50 on my weekend hike. Temperature was in the 70's but felt very hot. The crows were silently circling above us. Hopeful, I image, that I might trip and provide a nice meal for them to pick at before there was time for anyone to rescue me.

When I hike with my girlfriends we talk the whole time - whether they like it or not. When I hike with my husband, he's pretty quiet so I have to entertain myself.
I occasionally imagine dramatic headlines like "Woman, eaten by crows after tripping AGAIN"
or " Fluke death of 50 something year old woman hiking a trail she had no business being on".
That kind of stuff.
Anyhoo - the crows went unfed and I got back to the picnic table to paint this teepee. It was available to rent for $35 a night. It was 2 camp spots away and I'm pretty sure the salamanders had easier access to the teepee than my tent. Sooo ... I'll stick with my tent thank-you-very-much.

No Takers
pastel 5x7