ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Day 263 Bike, Paint, Bike

Today was an awesome day. I have a new plein air setup. It's not an easel, pochade box, backpack or even new paint. It's a bike! I rode my several decades old mountain bike this morning and really wished I had a rack on the back for my paints, that it was 20 lbs. lighter, and that all the gears would work. It's listed as vintage online. I've been resistant to getting back on a bike but once I realized it could involve painting, I changed my mind. I can do that. My husband couldn't get me to the bike shop fast enough.
Other things I don't really want to do, but would, if it included painting:
-riding in a hot air balloon, I could paint there
-jury duty, I could sketch
-going to outer space - wouldn't that be fun?
So now I'm the proud owner of a new hybrid bike and this afternoon I headed up Waterton Canyon. I carried a small box of pastels, paper and my small REI folding chair. After riding several miles and dodging 5 male big horn sheep - I found a great spot to paint the South Platte River. I'm excited to get to more spots to paint and now also hoping for a light snow year.

Bike, Paint, Bike
pastel 5x7
sold



Most excited about the bike rack and a perfect bag to fit my paints and pastels!

3 of the 5 Big Horn Sheep we saw hanging out in Waterton Canyon