ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day 266 Reynolds Landing

Today was a PAAC day and I got to paint with a couple watercolor artists at Reynolds Landing. It's fun to watch other artists, especially working in a medium I'm not that experienced in. If I didn't have 50 other things on the art to do list, I'd start painting in watercolor more too.
I also saw Ted Garcia who has been out everyday for something like 5 years? I'm impressed and tired just thinking about the next 60 days for me. I have high hopes to finish the 366 paintings I set out to do this year and then think about the holidays and all it entails. Notice that my title says Day 266 so I have 100 to go. I'm behind from the summer move and travels. You are likely going to see some smaller works coming up.

But for now, I'm painting bigger.
There might be some amazing artistic reason for that, hmmm.
Or it might be that I have frames in 11x14 size and I'm just getting a little tired of the 9x12's. Either way it's working for me. Go big or go home I say.

Reynolds Landing
11x14 pastel