ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Day 268-271 Blue Doors

OK, so this may feel like cheating but I'm making up the rules and it ain't. My goal for 2016 was to paint every day. I have with an exception here and there. Sometimes I paint all day and have 3-5 paintings. But, not all of them are viewable. I "tweaked" my goal to end up with 366 paintings. Since I am behind by about 40 paintings you are getting some groupings wether you like it or not. Did I mention I am making up the rules on this?

So, when I was in New Mexico painting a few weeks ago I was obsessed over all the blue doors on the adobe buildings. I tried painting them. It didn't work out. More than once. When I got home I made some cards representing those really cool (pun intended) blue doors with all those lovely tan/clay colors. Here are a couple of the cards that I made.

Blue Doors - Series of Cards
ink & watercolor on watercolor paper - various sizes