ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Day 275 Ghostly Cottonwoods

The cottonwoods weren't spooky but just located at Ghost Ranch. This spot was at the beginning of the Box Canyon Hiking Trail. I painted it last month when I was at Ghost Ranch with my friend Jeanne. I started painting aspen at the beginning of September and painted cottonwoods through October. Two full months of fall painting, and it's still beautiful out!
I have lots of photos; cottonwoods, cactus, sky, adobe buildings ... you name it, to paint from this trip. I will never, ever get everything painted that I want to. I've struggled with all kinds of things this year - but never inspiration. My to do list of paintings is very, very long still.

Ghostly Cottonwoods
pastel 8x10