ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, November 14, 2016

Day 281 Not Following the Rules

This watercolor was done during an advanced training class with the Alzheimer's Association on painting techniques that we can teach our memory impaired artists.
I think the beginning directions were to draw boxes across the watercolor paper and then try each technique in a box. This way you could see what was happening and reference it later. I was a bad student, maybe was talking and missed the first part but when I looked up and saw everyone else painting neatly in boxes ... whoops. I'm normally a good student but I was channeling my other art class and I wanted to layer and layer and layer.

Apologies to our wonderful art consultant, Susie, whom I have high regard for. It's so weird, I am a rule follower in every single way except when it comes to art. Something to ponder.

Not following the Rules
9x12 watercolor