ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Day 284 Evolve 1b

Here is the second "layer" on this large abstract that I'm working on in Karen Roehl's class. I only have 2 more classes then I will be teacher-less. I'd take classes forever if I had my way. I try to only take from instructors that I really like their work and know they have a good reputation as a teacher.

I've always loved school. I loved reading and art and would get lost in a book or drawing from my earliest memories. I'm especially fond of my 4th grade teacher, Mr. Cole who had us jump up and do jumping jacks every time we got too loud. Which was like every 20 minutes. He had it figured out. I also remember my 6th grade teacher delivering a book to my house that I won in a contest on the last day of school. Above and beyond, because we had a 45 minute bus ride to school. My favorite teacher was when I was a senior in high school, she gave me a scholarship to the art institute and changed the trajectory of my life. I was 18 years old and had no clue that you could make a living as an artist. Like most 18 year olds, I was clueless about a lot of things.

So keep on teaching all you awesome teacher friends - you never know how positively you may be influencing a person!

Evolve 1b
24x30 mixed media