ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Day 285 Love Letter

A friend of mine had her first baby a couple of months ago and I wanted to paint something for her baby room. Her decor is beautiful grays with splashes of red - perfect for newborns.
I've been in absolute turmoil over it for months. It seemed like such a big task - only because nothing would be good enough. Art is so subjective and personal. I really wanted to paint a huge painting because how can you fit all that joy, love, anticipation, and wonder on something small? I wanted to paint a whole world on this canvas but I couldn't.

I have friends that are gifted in writing, their words roll effortlessly (it seems) of the joys of parenthood, the hopefulness we all have for their their futures, the happiness we feel. I find myself mute so only managed a few hidden messages in this painting, love and joy.
This is my love letter to Lucca.

Love Letter
10x20 acrylic