ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Day 287 Evolve 1c

After taking a break from painting last week it felt really good to put away the cooking paraphernalia and get out the painting supplies. There is something oddly soothing about the creaking of the wood floors at the Art Students League. Every single thing is covered in paint spatters and after I dropped my palette knife for the 3rd time, I realized I didn't have to cringe worrying about carpet. I almost flung my brush down for fun.

This is the 3rd layer on this painting and it will get several more layers. I am starting to have a plan even though I'm not supposed to for another couple layers. The lesson is to paint intuitively, harder than it looks. Really.

Evolve 1c
24x30 mixed media