ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, December 2, 2016

Day 288 Santa Hats

Today I had my MIM class at Windcrest. It's always a heartfelt hour or two, sometimes bittersweet or a little sad, but always inspiring. Today was a little different.
When I walked into our room the paints were all set up, Christmas music playing softly in the background and santa hats were carefully placed on each chair. There are always special touches from the staff but this one seemed extra special. I had a few minutes to sit and look around and wait for my peeps to come in. I could feel the love and caring in that room.

A typical art class - we ended up with a few beautiful paintings, a couple neat stories ... lots of encouragement, assurance and laughs. For me, an appreciation for all that I have.

So, all month when I start to feel irritated at the traffic, the Christmas rush, the I'm-too-busy and I-never have-enough-time stress (and especially the driver-in-a-hurry that almost ran me off the road just 1 hour later) I'm going to think of those fun Santa hats that made me smile all day.
This layer painting I now image has hidden messages of goodwill and cheer - red santa hats. If you don't see it, that's OK, because I do.

Santa Hats
20x20 acrylic