ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Day 289 Barbed Wire

This weekend I watched a documentary on the Dust Bowl ... while decorating for Christmas.
I know, but there are only so many shows on Netflix and my main criteria is something to listen to while doing other stuff. I figured I'd learn something.
I learned that we destroyed our grasslands and unintentionally caused a horrible ecological disaster. Depressing. So I decided to google fun facts about barbed wire, because I really enjoyed doing this large painting with an old west feel.

- there is "kansapedia" - wikipedia type facts all about Kansas
- there were 800 barbed wire patents and perhaps 2,000 different types
- and there really are no fun facts about barbed wire

So, here is my daily painting. It's pretty large and has lots of details that you can't see in this photo. Giddy up ya'll.

Barbed Wire
36x36 Mixed Media
sold