ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Day 298 In Between

This morning I got up before the sunrise, but just after that pitch black night sky started to fade. Kind of in between night and day. The night sky is very dark right now - no city lights and the moon almost hidden. Right before the sun came up, the sky was this amazing blueish, deep purple gray color with a sliver of moon glowing. It was like a fleck of glitter stuck in the sky.

I haven't been painting or posting as much as I want and I miss it. Mostly because it makes me slow down and appreciate things. See things differently. This art journey has really turned into a gratitude journal I realized. Christmas is over, but we still have the New Year celebration and the kids in town, cooking, running around and just juggling life. Life hasn't gotten back to normal quite yet.
I feel sort of "in between". I had this great goal of painting every day for 2016 and I've posted 300 paintings (give me a couple more days). I've probably painted 400 but you won't see them all because really, some are just experiments gone very, very bad. So - I've reached my goal. What to do next year? How to continue this journey? How to analysis what went well and what should I change for 2017? Well, I'm for sure going to keep painting. And being grateful. The rest I'll let you know on January 1 ... after I go out to paint.

In Between
5x7 pastel