ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Day 299 Road

This could possibly be the least creative title I've come up with all year. This really pretty row of aspen are just up the road from me and I've painted them several times. I love watching them change, they are stunning in the fall and the trunks are shockingly bright in the winter when the sun hits them.

One thing you should try to do in a painting is have a clear concept or intention - is this about the trees or the road? Often, I just get lost painting and skip those steps that help an ok painting become a really good painting. Kind of "lazy painting" to be truthful. But I think that painting for fun is important too. There are times when you have to paint for a reason (for a show or a commissioned work) and work much harder to have a successful finished piece. This week - I'm painting for fun.

Road
8x10 pastel