ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Day 300 Christmas in the Woods

Christmas morning this year gifted us with 2 moose sightings, a young male and a cow strolling through our yard. We also had a group of elk bedded down next to the house the morning before, I missed that one but everyone else saw them.

I never have to wish for a white Christmas - there is guaranteed snow when the altitude is 8,500 feet in Grand County. Some years there is more snow than others, so far this year has been pretty mild. I took a photo of the house after dragging the trashcans down the driveway. The driveway felt like it was a mile long but actually it's only about 100 yards. Long enough when the wheels won't roll on the snow - and it's dark - and it's -3 below 0 outside.
I survived.
Then I went in the house and painted it.

Christmas in the Woods
5x7 pastel